I decided to re-open school today based on a forecast for decent air quality for today. At 10:00 A.M., I ordered all of the students and teachers to remain indoors due to the rapidly worsening air quality. At 1:20 today, Napa Valley Unified School District announced that they were cancelling classes for the rest of the week due to forecast for periods of hazardous air quality for the rest of the week. Along with Justin-Siena, St. Apollinaris, and St. John the Baptist, I have decided to close school for the rest of the week with the hope of re-opening on Monday, Oct. 23rd. Please check your e-mail Saturday evening for confirmation regarding school re-opening on Monday, Oct. 23. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, particularly those families who have to arrange for childcare, but the safety and health of the students and staff of the school is our highest priority. If you need to reach me in the next few days I will be checking my e-mail regularly at firstname.lastname@example.org. In an emergency, please call or text me at 707-227-4338 Thank you and God bless. I hope to see you all back again next Monday, Oct. 23rd.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Kolbe Academy & Trinity Prep